2023 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
Salt Lake City, Utah hosted the best basketball players in the world. From Giannis and LeBron to Donovan and Damian, Utahans had the opportunity to bask in hoop heaven. And then there was the 2023 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, which featured the exact opposite. The game occurred at the Jon H. Huntsman Center, home of the runnin’ Utes. On Saturday, though, the court wasn’t filled with D-1 athletes (although there were a couple) but celebrities sporting suspect balling bonafide.
Janelle Monae’s all-star celebrity NBA game look great craic. Imagine a GAA equivalent. Given many of our “celebs” played to a high enough level it could be entertaining. pic.twitter.com/dBpMRv3coS
— Amanda (@AmandaColeen) February 21, 2023
The famous people included people from all walks of fame, from music to acting and sports to Guillermo Rodriguez from Jimmy Kimmel. They were divided into two teams: Team Dwyane Wade with Giannis Antetokounmpo coaching and Team Ryan Smith with Lisa Leslie and Fat Joe as their coach. Here are the NBA All-Star Celebrity game 2023 rosters:
- Ryan Smith (Utah Jazz governor and honorary captain)
- Kane Brown (5-time American Music Award winner)
- Cordae (rapper, recording artist)
- Diamond DeShields (WNBA All-Star; Phoenix Mercury)
- Calvin Johnson (former NFL player)
- Marcos Mion (TV host)
- The Miz (WWE Superstar)
- Albert Pujols (MLB Player)
- Everett Osborne (actor)
- Ozuna (rapper, recording artist)
- Guillermo Rodriguez (ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live correspondent)
- Sinqua Walls (actor)
- Dwyane Wade (NBA champion, Utah Jazz minority owner, and honorary captain)
- Nicky Jam (Latin global music icon and actor)
- Jesser (content creator)
- Simu Liu (actor)
- Hasan Minhaj (comedian)
- DK Metcalf (NFL player)
- Janelle Monáe (actress, singer, songwriter)
- Arike Ogunbowale (WNBA All-Star; Dallas Wings)
- 21 Savage (rapper, recording artist)
- Ranveer Singh (actor and NBA Brand Ambassador for India)
- Frances Tiafoe (tennis player)
- Alex Toussaint (Peloton coach and Puma athlete)
So what is the NBA All-Star Game? It is an annual exhibition basketball game that is held during the NBA All-Star Weekend. The game features celebrities, former NBA players, WNBA players, and other notable personalities playing against each other in a fun and entertaining setting. The game is meant to be a lighthearted and entertaining showcase of basketball skills. It is often watched by fans who enjoy seeing their favorite celebrities and athletes compete on the court.
Team Dwyane Wade beat Team Ryan Smith 88-83 in the 2023 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game. The game was played over four eight-minute quarters. It included celebrities, former NBA players, WNBA players, and social media influencers.
The game was tied 43-43 at halftime, but Team Dwyane Wade outscored Team Ryan Smith 45-40 in the second half to secure the win. DK Metcalf was named the game’s MVP after scoring 20 points and grabbing 10 rebounds for Team Dwyane Wade.
Other notable players in the Celebrity All-Star Game included rapper 21 Savage (more on his performance here), comedian Tiffany Haddish, former NBA player Carlos Boozer, and WNBA player A’ja Wilson. The Miz almost made a game-tying half-court heave, but he got the shot off a split second too late.
— 92.5 The Beat (@925thebeatslc) February 23, 2023
The game was a fun and entertaining showcase of basketball skills. Both teams showed off their athleticism and talent on the court.
Overall, the 2023 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game in Salt Lake City, Utah, was a success, providing fans with an exciting and entertaining start to the NBA All-Star Weekend.