Netflix ‘Get Down’ with Hip Hop

Hip Hop is here to stay and everyone wants a piece of it! When I moved to Utah, I notice there wasn’t a lot of mainstream hip hop shows. It wasn’t until September 11, 2014 when Drake and Lil Wayne came for their tour that promoters start hopping on Hip Hop Shows. Finally, people saw dollar signs in something U92 had known for years! Hip Hop is alive and well in Utah.

Now, there are still some non believers. I had a business owner once tell me I don’t want the “U92 crowd” in here. Really? It took everything inside me to not say “Bitch, are you stupid? Utah is 90% white! If only the other 10% in Utah listen to U92 we would be out of business.”

Shout out to clubs like Club Elevate that’s not afraid of hip hop! You can catch me there every Saturday with DJ Dizz. Enough of me ranting… Here’s the trailer for Netflix’s new original series “The Get Down”

To Top
Image Suggested dimensions: 490 × 200 Body Footer Sign up success message Pop-up Form Copy/paste onto your site After you embed the code to your site, any changes you make to your form can be published directly from the editor.